With 22g of protein and only 158 kcals per fish cake, along with a sprinkling of chilli to help keep your metabolism burning nice and high, they make a fantastic lunch.
Per Fish Cake (158 kcals)
Avocado and Courgette Salad (238 kcals)
Sweet Potato and Tuna Fish Cakes (makes 2 medium cakes)
150g Tinned Tuna (in brine)
150g Sweet Potato
1/2 Red Onion
1 Spring Onion
1 Red Chilli (medium strength)
1 tsp mixed spice
Black Pepper (to taste)
Avocado and Courgette Salad
1/2 Garlic clove
5g Sesame Seeds
40g Cherry Tomatoes
1. Peel and chop the sweet potato into cubes, boil for 20 minutes until soft through and drain. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Finely chop the red onion, spring onion, red chilli and coriander,
3. Drain the tuna, and add to the sweet potato, along with the onions, chilli and coriander. Add the mixed spice and black pepper. Mash the mixture until it is all evenly mixed.
4. Make into fish cakes (it can get a bit messy), and place on a plate. Leave them to cool in the fridge.
Whilst the tuna cakes are cooling in the fridge, we can get the salad sorted.
5. Grate the courgette into a mixing bowl.
6. Chop the garlic finely and the cherry tomatoes into halves, or quarters. Add to the courgette along with the sesame seeds.
7. Chop the avocado and add the lemon juice. Make sure you mix well, as without a good coating of lemon juice, the avocado will turn brown quickly.
Remove the tuna cakes from the fridge
8. Lightly dust the tuna cakes with the cornflour. In a frying pan, add a little amount of your oil of choice (we love coconut oil).
9. Fry the tuna cakes until golden brown (be careful when placing in and out of pan, they can be fragile).
Serve hot or cold and enjoy!
If you would like to try these delicious fish cakes and other recipes (but don't have the time to cook), then check out our 1 week trial.